PROTECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION
Ivaco Rolling Mills LP (“IRM”) is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information obtained by way of your customer relationship with us.
1. Purpose and Scope of the Policy
By visiting http://www.ivacorm.com, contacting us or agreeing to receive emails from IRM, you accept the terms and conditions of this policy.
This policy does not extend to websites operated by third parties. IRM is therefore not liable for their privacy policies, procedures and practices.
2. Collection of Your Personal Information
a) Information that You Send Us
We collect your personal information in several ways, including when you “obtain information on our products and services”, “contact us by telephone or by email”, “post on our social media accounts”, etc.
Depending on the circumstances, personal information may include your name, contact information (street address, electronic address, telephone number) or the name of your company.
b) Information Automatically Collected
3. Use and Communication of your Personal Information
We take steps designed to ensure that only those employees who need access to your personal information to fulfil their employment duties will have access to it.
We use and disclose your personal information mainly:
- to identify you as a customer;
- to understand your needs;
- to provide you with ongoing products and services, establish and maintain communication, and respond to your inquiries;
- to investigate and settle issues you may have;
- to offer you additional products and services, and provide information that may be of interest to you
- to comply with legal and regulatory requirements.When we disclose your personal information to service providers, we take reasonable measures to ensure that the rules set forth in this policy are complied with.In the event of a change of ownership, sale, merger, liquidation, reorganization or acquisition of IRM, in whole or in part, your personal information may be transferred as part of the transaction.
4. Retention of your Personal Information
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers. By using our IRM Website, you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside your country of residence, including the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country. While such information is outside of Canada, it is subject to the laws of the country in which it is held, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies of such other country, pursuant to the laws of such country.
IRM has implemented various physical, administrative and technical safeguards designed to protect the confidentiality and security of personal information under our control. However, no security measures are absolute or wholly guaranteed.
IRM will maintain your personal information for as long as a business need exists, or as required by applicable laws, regulations, or government orders.
5. Right to Access and Correct
On written request and subject to proof of identity, you may access the personal information that we hold, and ask that any necessary corrections be made, where applicable, as authorized or required by law.
However, to make sure that the personal information we maintain about you is accurate and up to date, please inform us immediately of any change in your personal information.
7. Contact Person
Any request to access or correct your personal information or any question, complaint or comment you may have with respect to personal information must be directed to the Privacy Officer by mail or email using the following contact information:
Ivaco Rolling Mills
1040 Hwy 17 Box 322
L’Orignal (Ontario) K0B 1K0